Backgrounder: City Budget Facts
- 2007 Budget: $844 million
- The city is required by law to balance its budget.
- The city has two different budgets:
City Operating Budget
Annual budget funding of the day-to-day operations of city services, programs, facilities and administration. This budget is the subject of the 2008 consultation process.
Three-year plan for major construction and reconstruction of streets, facilities, bridges, sewage, and other long term project. The city is currently in the third year of the 2006-2008 capital budget.
What Services are Contingent on a Property Tax Hike in 2008?
- Increased police department funding
- Planning and city management
- Carnegie Centre outreach and food services
- Economic Development Commission
- Olympic venue construction and renewal